- 1 How can I make my MIDI sound professional?
- 2 How do I convert an audio track to MIDI in Pro Tools?
- 3 How do I use MIDI audio in Pro Tools?
- 4 Can MIDI sound good?
- 5 How can I make my MIDI keyboard sound better?
- 6 Is Pro Tools better for vocals?
- 7 Does Pro Tools make you sound better?
- 8 How do I convert an audio track to MIDI?
- 9 How do I convert MIDI audio to Ableton?
How can I make my MIDI sound professional?
- 10 Tips for Creating More Realistic MIDI Music. August 1, 2016 by Peter Flom.
- Record a Human First.
- Use Arranging to Sound Spontaneous.
- Identify Easy and Hard Instruments.
- Do Not Use a Perfect Tempo.
- Use Presets for Inspiration Only.
- Use Continuous Control Messages.
- Invest in Good Sounds and Learn Everything About Them.
How do I convert an audio track to MIDI in Pro Tools?
How To Convert Drum Audio To MIDI
- Create an Instrument Track, and put that track directly above your inner kick microphone channel.
- Load up a drum library on the Kick MIDI track, such as Get Good Drums.
- In Grid mode, write a MIDI note for the kick drum (usually C1) on the Kick MIDI channel.
How do I use MIDI audio in Pro Tools?
You can do this by dragging and dropping an audio clip onto a MIDI or Instrument track, using a new command in the Track menu, or using special clipboard commands in the audio track’s contextual (right-click) menu(s).
Can MIDI sound good?
For instruments that don’t have too much individual-note shaped articulation such as Piano, Organ, Oboe, etc., midi usually sounds really good without too much fiddling around.
How can I make my MIDI keyboard sound better?
Five very simple ways:
- Upgrade your sound library. The Giant from Native is rather nice and they have many other good options.
- Be sure to place the piano in a living, breathing sonic space.
- Use EQ to warm up a tinny sounding piano.
- Play with a natural, dynamic feel.
- Avoid over-quantizing or quantizing it all.
Is Pro Tools better for vocals?
When it comes to the best designed interface for recording vocals, Pro Tools definitely stands out. I have used most major DAWs extensively, including FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, the list goes on… None of these DAWs have the speed and fluidity of Pro Tools when it comes to recording vocals.
Does Pro Tools make you sound better?
“In this DAW comparison video is said: “One of the excellent things about Pro Tools is the audio engine. Basically what this means is the quality of audio that Pro Tools outputs after you’ ve recorded, mixed and edited your music”. And then that it adds glisten and shine to the sound.
How do I convert an audio track to MIDI?
Converting Audio to MIDI in Ableton Live
- Select the clip in the Session or Arrangement Views, or alternatively in Live’s browser.
- Click the clip you want to convert to select it.
- You’re done!
- Click Pitch & Warp.
- Select the track again.
- Select Function>Extract MIDI.
How do I convert MIDI audio to Ableton?
Audio clips can be converted to MIDI by selecting the clip in the Session or Arrangement Views, or in Live’s browser. To start, let’s convert this one bar synth melody. To convert the clip, we’ll click to select it. Then choose the appropriate conversion command in the clip’s context menu or in the Create menu.