- 1 How do you cite the chorus in Shakespeare?
- 2 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 3 How do I cite Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet MLA?
- 4 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 5 How does a MLA heading look like?
- 6 How do you cite an epilogue in Shakespeare?
- 7 How do you format a Shakespeare quote?
- 8 How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
- 9 How do you cite Macbeth in MLA format?
- 10 Who did Romeo love before Juliet?
- 11 Who is to blame for Romeo and Juliet’s death?
- 12 How do you in text cite Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet?
- 13 How do u cite a website?
- 14 How do you cite Shakespeare’s prologue?
- 15 How do you quote a play in an essay MLA?
How do you cite the chorus in Shakespeare?
Chorus: Shakespeare doesn’t often include a “chorus” but if there is one, or two, as in Romeo and Juliet, cite as follows: “But passion lends them power, time means, to meet, / Temp’ring extremities with extreme sweet.” (2. Chorus. 13-14) Note the use of the periods after the “2” and “Chorus”.
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do I cite Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet MLA?
Structure: Play author. “Play Title.” Title of book, author(s) or editor(s), publisher, year of publication, page number(s). Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How does a MLA heading look like?
The correct MLA heading is found on the first page of your paper. It includes your name, instructor, course, and date. MLA format also has a running header with the page number and your last name. It is right-aligned and found on each page.
How do you cite an epilogue in Shakespeare?
The epilogue’s author name (last name first) goes first in the entry, followed by the word “ Epilogue ” (with the first letter capitalized and the word followed by a period, but without quotation marks or italics) and then the book title (in italics).
How do you format a Shakespeare quote?
How to Quote Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of plays. Richard III or Othello.
- Place a parenthetical reference after each quotation containing its act, scene, and line numbers separated by periods.
- Use arabic numerals for all reference numbers.
- Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.
How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
In-text citation: The Tragedy of Othello: The Moor of Venice. Ed. Tucker Brooke and Lawrence Mason. New Haven: Yale UP, 1947.
How do you cite Macbeth in MLA format?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
Who did Romeo love before Juliet?
Before Romeo meets Juliet, he loves Rosaline, Capulet’s niece and Juliet’s cousin.
Who is to blame for Romeo and Juliet’s death?
The tragedy of Romeo and Juliet took their lives. The people to blame for the death of the two lovers are the Capulet servants. Who is to blame for the Romeo and Juliet death is the capulets servants.
How do you in text cite Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet?
Type the number of the act, scene and lines you are citing. For example, “O Romeo, Romeo, / wherefore art thou Romeo?” (Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet 2.1. 74-75). Every time you cite the play afterwards, include only the act, scene and line number.
How do u cite a website?
APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, the website name, and the URL. Websites with no date.
|Format||Last name, Initials. (n.d.). Page title. Site Name. Retrieved Month Day, Year, from URL|
|In-text citation||(University of Amsterdam, n.d.)|
How do you cite Shakespeare’s prologue?
Just use Scene and Lines: (5.32). For a Prologue, just write ( Prologue. 4-5). When you cite poetry, you need to include a slash (called a virgule) between lines.
How do you quote a play in an essay MLA?
To cite a specific quotation from a play in MLA style, place the quotation in quotation marks (using slashes to indicate line breaks) and end with a parenthetical citation of author, name of play, and then page/act (for prose plays ) or act/scene/line(s) (for verse).