- 1 What chorus pedal did Kurt Cobain use?
- 2 What chorus pedal should I buy?
- 3 What pedals did Kurt Cobain use on Nevermind?
- 4 What songs use a chorus pedal?
- 5 What distortion pedal does Kurt Cobain?
- 6 What amp did Jimi Hendrix use?
- 7 Is a chorus pedal worth it?
- 8 Do I really need a chorus pedal?
- 9 What is the best affordable chorus pedal?
- 10 What pickups did Kurt Cobain use?
- 11 What pedal did Jimmy Page use?
- 12 What pedals should I buy first?
- 13 How do you get the chorus effect without a pedal?
- 14 Does Metallica use chorus pedals?
- 15 What songs use reverb?
What chorus pedal did Kurt Cobain use?
In 1990, after the recording of ‘Bleach’, Kurt Cobain got the pedal that supplied some of the most memorable moments in his career – the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone chorus.
What chorus pedal should I buy?
Best chorus pedals: MusicRadar’s Choice For a budget chorus, you can’t go wrong with the Electro-Harmonix Nano Clone. It sounds good, records well, and nails that Kurt Cobain sound. Granted, there’s scant by way of bells and whistles, but if any guitar player could show you that less is more, it’s probably Kurt.
What pedals did Kurt Cobain use on Nevermind?
Kurt used a Proco Rat distortion pedal for the song Territorial Pissings on Nevermind. This is another very popular distortion pedal with a very distinctive sound. It was quite popular in the grunge days for its hairy distortion.
What songs use a chorus pedal?
Table of Contents show
- Come As You Are – Nirvana.
- Pull Me Under – Dream Theater.
- Welcome Home (Sanitarium) – Metallica.
- Purple Rain – Prince.
- Paradise City – Guns ‘n’ Roses.
- Getting the Most out of a Chorus Pedal.
What distortion pedal does Kurt Cobain?
Pedals. Cobain used very few pedals onstage, usually only one or two. One of the mainstays in his arsenal was the BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal, which he always referred to as a Roland EF-1. After Nevermind he switched to the BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion, which has added features.
What amp did Jimi Hendrix use?
For his iconic Woodstock performance, Hendrix used a 1959 JTM 100-Super Lead with no master volume or channel switching. It was powered by three 12 AX7 and four EL34 valves, the classic combination from the much-loved ‘Plexi’ amplifier.
Is a chorus pedal worth it?
A chorus pedal is a great way to create thicker sounds from a single signal. By taking your source signal, doubling it and setting the second signal slightly out of tune and time with the first, a chorus pedal can create the sound of two instruments playing simultaneously.
Do I really need a chorus pedal?
No one really “needs” any pedals. If you love chorus, then get one. Variety makes the world go round.
What is the best affordable chorus pedal?
The Best Chorus Pedals – All Price Ranges
- Danelectro D5 FAB – Analog.
- Stax Chorus Pedal – Analog.
- Donner Tutti Love – Analog.
- Mooer Ensemble King – Analog.
- Electro-Harmonix Small Clone – Analog.
- MXR M234 – Analog.
- Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble – Digital.
- JHS Emperor V2 – Analog.
What pickups did Kurt Cobain use?
“It seems that Kurt sometimes used Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pickups, which are humbuckers, but reduced to the size of a single coil pickup, meaning they could be fitted to his Fenders with little or no irreversible damage.
What pedal did Jimmy Page use?
The three main pedals you should have are a Wah pedal, a fuzz box and a tape delay pedal. Page would often utilise a Wah Wah pedal during some of his solos and some of his rhythmic parts. There are a tone of different manufacturers of Wah pedals to choose from, one of the most common is the Dunlop Crybaby.
What pedals should I buy first?
For most guitarists, a tuner, drive pedal, and delay pedal are essential pedals. Buying these pedals first will give you a solid rig that you won’t outgrow. Some guitarists never move past these three pedals, while other guitarists go on to build large pedalboards with a range of different effects.
How do you get the chorus effect without a pedal?
How to get a chorus effect without a chorus pedal
- With your multitrack recorder of choice (I suggest a Zoom R8,) record a riff on track 1.
- Record the exact same riff on track 2.
- Pan track 1 50% to the left.
- Pan track 2 50% to the right.
- Decrease the bass EQ for both tracks so they don’t “boom” too much.
Does Metallica use chorus pedals?
As previously mentioned, the Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus solid-state amp is the main source for Metallica’s clean tones, both live and in the studio. To emulate its beautiful, washy chorus effect, Matt and Rabea chose a chorus pedal each, with the desire to closely imitate the JC-120’s wonderful sound.
What songs use reverb?
8 Songs that Belong in the Reverb Hall of Fame
- King Tubby “Dub You Can Feel”
- Joe Meek “I Hear A New World”
- Led Zeppelin “When The Levee Breaks”
- Grimes “Venus In Fleurs”
- The Drums “Down By The Water”
- Shinedoe “Cosmic”
- Phil Collins “In The Air Tonight”
- Blake Mills “Shed Your Head”