- 1 What is the meaning of Gerong Bandayan?
- 2 What is chorus Verse bridge?
- 3 What is Gerong Indonesia?
- 4 What is the difference between chorus and choir?
- 5 What is the difference between slendro and Pelog?
- 6 What is the ornamentation of gamelan?
- 7 What comes first verse or chorus?
- 8 What are the 4 types of musical form?
- 9 What is a bridge in a song Taylor Swift?
- 10 What do you call a female soloist?
- 11 What is the most popular gamelan in Indonesia?
- 12 What are the 4 major influences of Indonesia in music?
- 13 What is an example of a chorus?
- 14 What is a choir leader called?
- 15 What is the highest type of singing?
What is the meaning of Gerong Bandayan?
• Gerong – male chorus • Gerong Bandayan – mixed chorus • Work as ornamentals of the melody originating from the 2-stringed instrument called rebab. Musical Instruments •Gamelan •Is a musical ensemble composed of gong chimes, bronze gong, drums, flutes and metallophones.
What is chorus Verse bridge?
This is also known as “ verse – chorus – verse – chorus – bridge – chorus ” form. In this style of composition, the A section is the verse, the B section is the chorus, and the C section is the bridge. The bridge is a section that is intentionally distinct from the rest of the song.
What is Gerong Indonesia?
Gerong – refers to the unison male chorus that sings with the gamelan.
What is the difference between chorus and choir?
A choir refers to a group of singers, but a chorus may include dancers or actors. The two terms share some meanings but are not interchangeable. For example, chorus can refer to the refrain of a song, but choir can’t. Both words can refer to groups of people or animals.
What is the difference between slendro and Pelog?
The other, older, scale commonly used is called slendro. Pelog has seven notes, but many gamelan ensembles only have keys for five of the pitches. Even in ensembles that have all seven notes, many pieces only use a subset of five notes.
What is the ornamentation of gamelan?
the vocal music in Indonesia is used as ornamentation of the gamelan.
What comes first verse or chorus?
As a general rule, the first chorus in a song occurs after a verse (although there are some songs that begin with a chorus). Bridge or “C” Section: The bridge serves as a contrast to both the verse and chorus and typically occurs only once in a song.
What are the 4 types of musical form?
Four basic types of musical forms are distinguished in ethnomusicology: iterative, the same phrase repeated over and over; reverting, with the restatement of a phrase after a contrasting one; strophic, a larger melodic entity repeated over and over to different strophes (stanzas) of a poetic text; and progressive, in
What is a bridge in a song Taylor Swift?
According to iZotope, a musical bridge is “a passage of music that contrasts the verse and the chorus, and is generally used to take the listener from one section to the next.” As the name itself says, it is a connection within a song.
What do you call a female soloist?
Explanation: A pasindhèn is a female solo singer who sings with a gamelan. They may perform in dance, wayang or klenèngan (pure music or “concert”) performances.
What is the most popular gamelan in Indonesia?
There are three types of Sundanese gamelan, including: Gamelan salendro is usually used to accompany wayang performances, dances, and cliningan. Because it is often used in the performing arts, the salendro gamelan is also a popular gamelan among other gamelan types.
What are the 4 major influences of Indonesia in music?
Indonesian pop music today, known simply as “pop Indonesia ” is heavily influenced by trends and recordings from America, Britain, Japan, and Korea.
What is an example of a chorus?
The definition of a chorus is a group of singers or a refrain in a song. An example of a chorus is a church choir. An example of a chorus is the part of a song that repeats several times. A group of dancers and singers performing together in a modern musical show, opera, etc.
What is a choir leader called?
A chorister is either a member or the leader of a choir. Any organized group of singers can be called a chorus or choir, and anyone who belongs to the group is a chorister.
What is the highest type of singing?
Common Opera voice types
- Soprano. For females, the highest voice type is the soprano.
- Mezzo-soprano. The mezzo-soprano has a lower range than the soprano.
- Contralto or Alto. The contralto or alto is the lowest female voice and the darkest in timbre.