- 1 What songs are played in the Wizard of Oz?
- 2 Who was the lead actress in the musical film that featured songs follow the yellow brick road and somewhere Over the Rainbow?
- 3 Who wrote the music and lyrics for The Wizard of Oz?
- 4 Which Witch did Dorothy kill?
- 5 Who did Toto bite in the Wizard of Oz?
- 6 Who died in the making of The Wizard of Oz?
- 7 Why is the Wizard of Oz banned?
- 8 How much money has the Wizard of Oz made to date?
- 9 Who got paid the most in The Wizard of Oz?
- 10 What are 2 musicals based on The Wizard of Oz?
- 11 How does Dorothy kill the Wicked Witch?
- 12 What is The Wizard of Oz Google trick?
- 13 Is somewhere over the rainbow a Disney song?
What songs are played in the Wizard of Oz?
- “Over the Rainbow”
- “Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead”
- “We’re Off to See the Wizard”
- “If I Only Had a Brain”
- “Optimistic Voices”
- “The Merry Old Land of Oz”
- “If I Were King of the Forest”
Who was the lead actress in the musical film that featured songs follow the yellow brick road and somewhere Over the Rainbow?
The role of Dorothy was originated by Danielle Hope, who was selected through the reality television show Over the Rainbow, and the title role of the Wizard was created by Michael Crawford. Over the Rainbow runner-up Sophie Evans performed the role of Dorothy on Tuesday evenings and when Hope was ill or on holiday.
Who wrote the music and lyrics for The Wizard of Oz?
Its songs were composed by Harold Arlen, with lyrics by Yip Harburg. They won the Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Over the Rainbow”. The song ranks first in the AFI’s 100 Years100 Songs and the Recording Industry Association of America’s “365 Songs of the Century”.
Which Witch did Dorothy kill?
The Wicked Witch of the East was featured in the film The Wizard of Oz (1939), in which she is the sister of the Wicked Witch of the West. As in the book, she is killed when Dorothy’s house falls on her.
Who did Toto bite in the Wizard of Oz?
Miss Almira Gulch is a socialite who is a neighbor of Aunt Em, Uncle Henry and Dorothy Gale. Using her status, she threatens to have Toto put to sleep for biting her.
Who died in the making of The Wizard of Oz?
|Died||June 6, 1979 (aged 81) Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actor comedian vaudevillian radio host singer dancer|
|Known for||The Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz (1939)|
Why is the Wizard of Oz banned?
Frank Baum. Frank L. Baum’s classic story about a girl and her friends traveling through the mystical land of Oz came under fire in Detroit, where it was banned from the libraries for having “no value” for children and supporting “negativism.”
How much money has the Wizard of Oz made to date?
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
|Domestic Box Office||$34,685,891||Details|
|International Box Office||$263,591||Details|
|Worldwide Box Office||$34,949,482|
|Further financial details|
Who got paid the most in The Wizard of Oz?
Despite the fact that Garland was the lead, she only made $500 per week for her work. Meanwhile, Scarecrow Ray Bolger and Tin Man Jack Haley were each making around $3,000 per week, CBR reported. Bert Lahr (Cowardly Lion) wasn’t far behind them at $2,500 per week.
What are 2 musicals based on The Wizard of Oz?
Musicals based on novels. Works based on The Wizard of Oz. W
- Wicked (musical album)
- Wicked (musical)
- The Wiz.
- The Wizard of A.I.D.S.
- The Wizard of Oz (1902 musical)
- The Wizard of Oz (1942 musical)
- The Wizard of Oz (1987 musical)
- The Wizard of Oz (2011 musical)
How does Dorothy kill the Wicked Witch?
She is killed when Dorothy throws a bucket of water on her, in attempt to put out a fire the witch bestowed on the Scarecrow. In the novel, Dorothy simply throws it on her in a fit of anger.
What is The Wizard of Oz Google trick?
— If you open up a Google window and search “The Wizard of Oz,” the results page will seem pretty average – that is, until you click on the ruby slippers appearing next to the movie’s name. Voila! You’ve been whirl-winded back in time to a search results page far, far away that appears in black and white.
Is somewhere over the rainbow a Disney song?
No, the classic Wizard of Oz song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow ” is NOT a Disney song, and Disney does NOT own the rights to it at this time.