- 1 Is the song What if God was one of us blasphemous?
- 2 What if God was one of us controversy?
- 3 What if God is one of us meaning?
- 4 What if God was one of us Written by?
- 5 What if God was one of us male singer?
- 6 Is Joan Osborne an atheist?
- 7 What songs do Christians hate?
- 8 Is Chop Suey blasphemous?
- 9 What is the meaning of one of us?
Is the song What if God was one of us blasphemous?
According to fellow American singer and songwriter Eric Bazilian, who wrote the song, contrary to what many think, he didn’t write the song as “ a religious thing ” considering the fact that he isn’t religious. Bazilian said the song is about experiencing something that totally changes your view of the world.
What if God was one of us controversy?
Singer Joan Osborne famously asked that question in 1995. In her Grammy-nominated hit, “One Of Us,” she envisions the author of all creation as “a slob like one of us, just a stranger on a bus trying to make his way home.” The idea of eternity contained in mortality was controversial.
What if God is one of us meaning?
Song MeaningI believe that this song has nothing at all to do with god, instead it has everything to do with people – Christians in particular! It’s ” Just trying to make his way home, back up to heaven all alone.
What if God was one of us Written by?
Written by Eric Bazilian of the Hooters and produced by Rick Chertoff, the song was released on February 21, 1995, as Osborne’s debut single and lead single from Relish, and it became a hit in November of that year, peaking at number four on the US Billboard Hot 100 and earning three Grammy nominations.
What if God was one of us male singer?
What if God Was One of Us by Brian Withycombe.
Is Joan Osborne an atheist?
Personal life. Raised a Roman Catholic, Osborne distanced herself from that institution after childhood, particularly influenced by telling her parents that she wished to become a priest only to learn that tradition forbade it.
What songs do Christians hate?
Ten Songs To Piss Off God
- Deicide – Blame It On God.
- Gallows – Crucifucks.
- Goatwhore – Carving Out The Eyes Of God.
- Slayer – Disciple.
- Aeon – God Gives Head In Heaven.
- Watain – All That May Bleed.
- Marduk – Jesus Christ… Sodomized.
- Havohej – Weeping In Heaven.
Is Chop Suey blasphemous?
Yes, they do, and not in a thoughtful, introspective way. It’s mean-spirited and blasphemous.
What is the meaning of one of us?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English one of us spoken used to say that someone belongs to the same group as you, or has the same ideas, beliefs etc You can talk in front of Terry – he’s one of us.