- 1 What is a chorus line?
- 2 What is the theme of a chorus line?
- 3 What type of dance is used in musical Theatre?
- 4 How many dancers are in a chorus line?
- 5 Is A Chorus Line on Netflix?
- 6 Why was A Chorus Line so successful?
- 7 Where can I see a chorus line?
- 8 What are the 10 dances?
- 9 What is the best style of dance?
- 10 Do you need to dance to be on Broadway?
- 11 Who is Mike in A Chorus Line?
- 12 How many roles are in A Chorus Line?
- 13 What are the lead roles in A Chorus Line?
What is a chorus line?
: a group of dancers and singers supporting the featured players in a musical comedy or revue: chorus sense 1e —often used figuratively … a chorus line of executives trotted out their achievements …—
What is the theme of a chorus line?
“A Chorus Line ” follows the story of 17 dancers trying to score a part in the chorus line of a Broadway show. As they go through the audition process, the audience learns more about each character and their personal backstories, examining important social issues along the way.
What type of dance is used in musical Theatre?
Ballet is the foundation of Broadway dance. Ballet training is absolutely necessary for working in Musical Theatre because choreography is given using French terms from ballet, which you must know at auditions and rehearsals.
How many dancers are in a chorus line?
James Kirkwood Jr. A Chorus Line is a musical with music by Marvin Hamlisch, lyrics by Edward Kleban, and a book by James Kirkwood Jr. and Nicholas Dante. Set on the bare stage of a Broadway theater, the musical is centered on seventeen Broadway dancers auditioning for spots on a chorus line.
Is A Chorus Line on Netflix?
According to Time, Ryan Murphy is adapting the 1975 Broadway musical “A Chorus Line” into a 10-part miniseries on Netflix. Murphy also just finished shooting the Netflix adaptation of the play “The Boys in the Band”, which he revived on Broadway in 2018.
Why was A Chorus Line so successful?
One of the reasons A Chorus Line achieved such a blockbuster success was that its stories resonated with everyone – not just those who dance. While the stories came specifically from dancers, the experiences they described of childhood memories, adolescent awkwardness, loss and hope were universal.
Where can I see a chorus line?
Watch Chorus Line | Prime Video.
What are the 10 dances?
The dances covered in the Ten Dance are the five International Ballroom (Standard) dances: waltz, foxtrot, quickstep, tango and Viennese waltz, along with the five International Latin Dances: rumba, samba, paso doble, cha-cha-cha and jive, as defined in ballroom dancing terms.
What is the best style of dance?
The Top 10 Types of Dance
- Ballet. Tutus, pointe shoes and men in tights are what come to mind when someone mentions ballet.
- Tap. Tap is best described as “musical feet”.
- Jazz. Jazz is the most popular style of dance among dancers.
- Hip Hop.
- Highland Dancing.
Do you need to dance to be on Broadway?
Learn to dance. Most of the shows on Broadway are musicals. This means that not only must you be a good actor, but you will need skills in singing and dancing. Find a dance school which offers training in all of the different styles of dance used on Broadway, including ballet, tap, and jazz.
Who is Mike in A Chorus Line?
Mike was portrayed in the 1985 movie adapation of A Chorus Line by Charles McGowan. His full name here is Timothy Michael Cassideo Donahue and he was born in 1960, which would make him 25 at the time of the movie’s premiere. His performance of “I Can Do That” is constantly intercut with Cassie’s flashbacks.
How many roles are in A Chorus Line?
A CHORUS LINE is a musical that centers on 17 Broadway dancers auditioning for spots on a chorus line of a new Broadway musical. Zach the director seeks to understand each dancer through a series of questions, which reveals the rich lives of the 17 dancers on the line.
What are the lead roles in A Chorus Line?
ABOUT THE MUSICAL
- NOTE: *Larry and Mike may be played be females (Lori & Mikki).
- LEAD FEMALE ROLES.
- Cassie Ferguson (30-35. Female – Mezzo belt)
- Diana Morales (22-30. Female – Mezzo belt)
- Judy Turner (Female – Mezzo)
- Val Clark (Female – Mezzo belt)
- Bebe Benzenheimer (18-25.
- Connie Wong (Female – Alto)