- 1 How do you cite the chorus in Shakespeare?
- 2 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 3 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 4 How do you cite a quote from a play in MLA?
- 5 How does a MLA heading look like?
- 6 How do you quote Shakespeare’s epilogue?
- 7 How do you format a Shakespeare quote?
- 8 How do I cite Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet MLA?
- 9 How do you cite Macbeth in MLA format?
- 10 How do u cite a website?
- 11 How do you cite Shakespeare’s prologue?
- 12 How do you cite a website in a paragraph MLA?
- 13 How do you mention a play in an essay?
- 14 How do you quote a dialogue?
How do you cite the chorus in Shakespeare?
Chorus: Shakespeare doesn’t often include a “chorus” but if there is one, or two, as in Romeo and Juliet, cite as follows: “But passion lends them power, time means, to meet, / Temp’ring extremities with extreme sweet.” (2. Chorus. 13-14) Note the use of the periods after the “2” and “Chorus”.
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How do you cite a quote from a play in MLA?
To cite a specific quotation from a play in MLA style, place the quotation in quotation marks (using slashes to indicate line breaks) and end with a parenthetical citation of author, name of play, and then page/act (for prose plays) or act/scene/line(s) (for verse).
How does a MLA heading look like?
The correct MLA heading is found on the first page of your paper. It includes your name, instructor, course, and date. MLA format also has a running header with the page number and your last name. It is right-aligned and found on each page.
How do you quote Shakespeare’s epilogue?
The MLA Style Center Other editions make the epilogue its own section and give it separate line numbers. If the epilogue is presented as an extension of the last act, cite it as if you were citing the last act; if necessary, you can make it clear in your prose that you are quoting the epilogue.
How do you format a Shakespeare quote?
How to Quote Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of plays. Richard III or Othello.
- Place a parenthetical reference after each quotation containing its act, scene, and line numbers separated by periods.
- Use arabic numerals for all reference numbers.
- Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.
How do I cite Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet MLA?
Structure: Play author. “Play Title.” Title of book, author(s) or editor(s), publisher, year of publication, page number(s). Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.
How do you cite Macbeth in MLA format?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
How do u cite a website?
APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, the website name, and the URL. Websites with no date.
|Format||Last name, Initials. (n.d.). Page title. Site Name. Retrieved Month Day, Year, from URL|
|In-text citation||(University of Amsterdam, n.d.)|
How do you cite Shakespeare’s prologue?
Just use Scene and Lines: (5.32). For a Prologue, just write ( Prologue. 4-5). When you cite poetry, you need to include a slash (called a virgule) between lines.
How do you cite a website in a paragraph MLA?
An MLA website citation includes the author’s name, the title of the page (in quotation marks), the name of the website (in italics), the publication date, and the URL (without “https://”). Citing an entire website.
|Format||Website Name. Day Month Year, URL.|
How do you mention a play in an essay?
Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you quote a dialogue?
4. Quoting a portion of dialogue: If you quote something a character says, use double quotation marks on the outside ends of the quotation to indicate that you are quoting a portion of the text. Use single quotation marks inside the double quotation marks to indicate that someone is speaking.