- 1 What is the mixed chorus?
- 2 What is advanced choir?
- 3 What is a chorus concert?
- 4 Is the mixed chorus who sings the gamelan?
- 5 What do you call the female soloist singer who sings with gamelan?
- 6 What is Orchestra in middle school?
- 7 What is band in middle school?
- 8 What are the four voices of a mixed chorus?
- 9 Why do choirs sound good?
- 10 Where do the strongest singers go in a choir?
- 11 What is the difference between Pesindhen and Gerong?
- 12 What is the difference between slendro and Pelog?
- 13 What is the most popular form of music in Indonesia?
What is the mixed chorus?
Mixed Chorus is a course focused on vocal technique, learning music notation, sight-singing, and preparing repertoire mainly for the winter and spring concerts at Danvers High School. Students will be able to sing alone, in small groups, and with the large chorus using the proper vocal technique.
What is advanced choir?
Advanced Choir is open to students who exhibit established vocal, music reading, and ensemble skills.
What is a chorus concert?
A body of singers who perform together as a group is called a choir or chorus. The former term is very often applied to groups affiliated with a church (whether or not they actually occupy the choir ) and the second to groups that perform in theatres or concert halls, but this distinction is far from rigid.
Is the mixed chorus who sings the gamelan?
Answer: It is called Berong Becayan.
What do you call the female soloist singer who sings with gamelan?
A pasindhèn (Javanese: ꦥꦱꦶꦤ꧀ꦝꦺꦤ꧀, romanized: pasindhèn, pesindhèn) (informally ꦱꦶꦤ꧀ꦝꦺꦤ꧀ sindhèn) is a female solo singer who sings with a gamelan. They may perform in dance, wayang or klenèngan (pure music or “concert”) performances.
What is Orchestra in middle school?
Orchestra is for students who already know how to play violin, viola, cello, or bass. Students (even 6th graders) may take Orchestra once they have demonstrated to Ms. Jones that they are ready, either in class or by an audition.
What is band in middle school?
A school band is a group of student musicians who rehearse and perform instrumental music together. A school band consists of woodwind instruments, brass instruments and percussion instruments, although upper level bands may also have string basses or bass guitar.
What are the four voices of a mixed chorus?
The four main voices are typically labelled as soprano (or treble and countertenor), alto (contralto, countertenor or mezzo), tenor, and bass.
Why do choirs sound good?
Choral phonetics uses our hidden ability to perceive resonances in the vocal tract as pitches (→ hearing test). This know-how enables singers to tune resonances just as precisely as their vocal tones. This turns timbre into a musical instrument. Choir sounds, as they can be heard in the video, become controllable.
Where do the strongest singers go in a choir?
It is best to put strong musicians on the ends of rows since they will either be at the edge of the chorus or next to someone singing another part. I have found that having an odd number of singers in a row often creates a better blend than an even number.
What is the difference between Pesindhen and Gerong?
INDONESIA • Pesindhen – is a female soloist singer who sings with a gamelan. Gerong – refers to the unison male chorus that sings with the gamelan.
What is the difference between slendro and Pelog?
The other, older, scale commonly used is called slendro. Pelog has seven notes, but many gamelan ensembles only have keys for five of the pitches. Even in ensembles that have all seven notes, many pieces only use a subset of five notes.
What is the most popular form of music in Indonesia?
1. Gamelan. It is the most popular and widely spread form of music in Indonesia. The word Gamelan comes from Javanese which means mallet or hammer and is a musical form which is performed with the help of 50-80 instrument orchestra.