- 1 What do you use a chorus pedal for?
- 2 Do I really need a chorus pedal?
- 3 How does the chorus effect work?
- 4 How do you use a chorus pedal?
- 5 What comes first phaser or chorus?
- 6 Which chorus pedal is best?
- 7 Where should a tremolo pedal go?
- 8 What songs use a chorus pedal?
- 9 What does a chorus pedal do bass?
- 10 Can a flanger sound like a chorus?
- 11 Is chorus a stereo effect?
- 12 What chorus pedal did Kurt Cobain use?
- 13 What’s the difference between reverb and chorus?
- 14 Where should chorus go in pedal chain?
- 15 Can you use chorus with distortion?
What do you use a chorus pedal for?
A chorus pedal is a great way to create thicker sounds from a single signal. By taking your source signal, doubling it and setting the second signal slightly out of tune and time with the first, a chorus pedal can create the sound of two instruments playing simultaneously.
Do I really need a chorus pedal?
No one really “needs” any pedals. If you love chorus, then get one. Variety makes the world go round.
How does the chorus effect work?
Chorus effects thicken your signal by copying it multiple times, coloring the copied signals, and playing them back slightly delayed. Chorus pedals accomplish this by splitting your signal into multiple “voices,” modulating their pitch and timbre, and delaying those voices slightly from the main signal.
How do you use a chorus pedal?
Where to Place a Chorus Pedal In Your Effect Chain. Chorus is a modulation effect, and as such, it should be placed fairly late in your pedal chain. It should come after a wah pedal, compression pedal, overdrive pedal, and distortion pedal, but before your delay pedal, tremolo pedal, or reverb pedal.
What comes first phaser or chorus?
Traditionally you want your phaser first, then flanger and chorus in whatever order after that. But there’s nothing wrong with putting your chorus first and phaser last. That’s how neat sounds get created. I’ve had my chorus before my phaser for years.
Which chorus pedal is best?
The best chorus pedals you can buy today
- Boss CE-2W Waza Craft.
- Way Huge Smalls Blue Hippo Analog Chorus.
- Boss DC-2W Dimension C.
- TC Electronic Corona Chorus.
- Walrus Audio Julia Analog Chorus/Vibrato.
- Electro-Harmonix Neo Clone.
- EarthQuaker Devices Sea Machine V3.
- Fender Bubbler Chorus.
Where should a tremolo pedal go?
For most players, the ideal location to place modulation effects—which include phase shifters, flangers, chorus, rotary, tremolo, vibrato and so on—is directly after a compressor and/or overdrive/distortion pedal.
What songs use a chorus pedal?
Table of Contents show
- Come As You Are – Nirvana.
- Pull Me Under – Dream Theater.
- Welcome Home (Sanitarium) – Metallica.
- Purple Rain – Prince.
- Paradise City – Guns ‘n’ Roses.
- Getting the Most out of a Chorus Pedal.
What does a chorus pedal do bass?
A bass chorus is an electronic effect used with the electric bass. It creates the same “shimmering” sound as a chorus effect for electric guitar chorus pedals, which recreates the sound of having multiple instruments doubling the same musical line (as with a string orchestra).
Can a flanger sound like a chorus?
As sonic chameleons, flangers can create lush chorus sounds, airy harmonic textures, moody frequency swirls, sweeping jet-airplane swooshes, seasick pitch warbles, or sci-fi ray-gun blasts.
Is chorus a stereo effect?
Stereo chorus effect processors produce the same effect, but it is varied between the left and right channels by offsetting the delay or phase of the LFO. The effect is thereby enhanced because sounds are produced from multiple locations in the stereo field.
What chorus pedal did Kurt Cobain use?
In 1990, after the recording of ‘Bleach’, Kurt Cobain got the pedal that supplied some of the most memorable moments in his career – the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone chorus.
What’s the difference between reverb and chorus?
A chorus pedal creates a slightly detuned version of your signal blended with your normal signal to create different effects, while a reverb emulates the bouncing of sound waves across different rooms and objects (plate, spring).
Where should chorus go in pedal chain?
- Dynamics (compressors), filters (wah), pitch shifters, and Volume pedals typically go at the beginning of the signal chain.
- Gain based effects such as and overdrive/distortion pedals come next.
- Modulation effects such as chorus, flangers, phasers typically come next in the chain.
Can you use chorus with distortion?
Yes, the chorus pedal can be used to fatten and thicken up a distorted tone, but if you use a distortion heavy sound, the chorus will just muddy up your tone and you’ll get lost in the mix.